Your Staycation Vacation Mini Adventure Idea List
1. Summer Snowball Fight
If there is an indoor ice rink nearby you can get as much snow as you can handle. Usually somewhere by the back door there is a giant pile of snow. Take a cooler and fill it up. The hotter the day the more confused your targets will be when they figure out what just hit them.
2. Test Drive a Really Cool Car
3. Swim at your Nearest Pool
4. Swim in a Lake or a River
5. Go to a Baseball Game
6. Bike around your local university campus
7. Go Play Some Pool
8. Go Bird Watching
9. Mountain Biking
Plan a somewhat challenging hike where you can see some wildlife. Take great snacks.
12. Go to a Bookstore - Buy a cool book
13. Botanical Garden
14. Bowling - go to disco night
15. Go to your closest National Forest
16. Candy Store - and buy a ton of candy
19. Be a Tourist in your Own Town
go to your local chamber of commerce and check out the brochures for all the attractions in your community.
20. Dinner Train
21. Go for a Train Ride
Catch a train. Whether it is a commuter train or a tourist train.
22. Urban Exploration
Go to the nearest big city and walk around the downtown core.
23.Go to a Farm
24. Feed the ducks at the park
26. Aboriginal Arts Display
27. Go to the Aquarium
28. Art Gallery
29. Go to a Museum
30. Go to Your Nearest Playground
31. Go to a Bed and breakfast
33. College Sports Event
34. Geocaching GPS
Check online. Using a GPS you can search for treasure boxes that are hidden all over the world. Lots of fun and a great way to discover nooks and crannies of where you live.
35. GPS Adventuring
Go adventure somewhere with your GPS and mark your trail on your GPS as you go. No matter where you go you will find your way back.
36. Go on a Wine Tour
37. Cliff Jumping
38. Rock Climbing
39. Indoor Climbing Gym
40. Comedy Club
41 .Go to a Really Fancy Hotel - and just have tea or coffee.
Take fifty dollars each out of the bank and spend on each other.
44. Random Drive
Just drive and then ask strangers what you should check out and just follow whatever they say.
45. Tank of Gas
Fill up your vehicle and drive some where and when you have a half a tank of gas turn around and come back.
46. Drive in Movie and sneak in friends.
47. Meander Drive
Drive back country roads with no particular destination.
48. Explore a Ghost Town
49. Go to the Fair
Go for a walk in an area that you have never walked around before.
51. Go Fishing
52. Go to a Flea Market
53. Float down a Slow River on a tube
54. Go to a Revolving Bar or Restaurant
55. Go to a Football Game
Kidnap a friend or family member and take them out for a good time. Pick somebody who has been working hard or needs some fun.
57. Full Moon Hike
58. Give Help to a Charity for the Day
59. Walk the Dog - or somebody’s dog in an interesting place
60. Traditional Picnic
62. Mini Golf
63. Friendly visit
Visit a friend that you haven’t seen in a long time.
64. Go to your Local Science Center
66. Go to the Zoo
67. Roller Coaster
68. Rent a limo and Driver
Just for a couple of hours.
69. Relax in a hot tub or hot springs
70. Dream the afternoon away on a riverbank
71. Play Tennis
72. Humor Injection
Use humor to cheer up a sick friend
73. Pottery Class
74. Take a grandparent or any other oldie out dancing
75. Video Arcade
76. Improvisational Comedy Show
77. Jet ski
78. Multiple Movies at the Movieplex
79. Kite flying
80. Paddle Boating
82. Photo Safari
83. Go to a Drumming Circle
84. In-line Skating
85. Go to an Ice Skating Rink/Roller Skating Rink
86. Trail Running